단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 게시글 수정 내역 댓글로 가기 인쇄

22년 몽강 오디오 노력, 한 톨의 밀알이 만들어지기까지

폴란드

Dear Sir,

I was trying to search on your website for some additional information about your preamplifier, but I could not find.

Could you please tell me basic parameters of this amplifier and send some additional pictures of it?

I am looking for high quality preamplifier who sounds more like old Scott 130 or Marantz 7c (I dont like modern sound).

best regards

Piotr

몽강

Hi, there

thanks for the inquires.

This item was made with the transformers not CR circuits.

I have studied about vintage audio transformers more than 20 years and made them by myself and installed them to my all tube amplifiers.

mc step-up tans, pre input ones, pre plate choke one, pre out one, power input one, power interstage ones, power out ones, choke ones and power trans.

In this case pre grid and plate choke transformers were installed.

Then in the box some cathode bypass circuits and power supply circuits are there.

input 4 channels output one channel.

If you want more detailed and emotional sound, then 101D trans pre would be more nominated one.

thanks

rhee hansu

w w w . m o n g k a n g . c o m

폴란드

Hello rhee hansu

Thank you for response.

I like the sound of vintage allen bradley resistors, vintage cables and wax or vitamin q capacitors. I am not a fan of plastic, teflon or tantalum parts.

When it comes to transformer core - I always prefered Permalloy instead of amorphous.

Do you think I would like the sound of your preamplifier?

What is the power voltage? I live in Poland where we have 230VAC.

What is the shipping cost to Poland?

I am audio manufacturer, I make audio power cables and would like to try your preamp. Maybe I could promote it here in eastern europe.

best regards

Piotr

몽강

This is my new 101D amp sound.

https://youtu.be/Vrp8h2DwXZIViewer - 서편제 - movie sound

https://youtu.be/Hl-UrHfO7BMViewer - 장사익 - corean lyric singer

https://youtu.be/ABCTO11Ff04Viewer - 첼로 - cello sound

https://youtu.be/fS4Yw6vi8sEViewer - 플룻 - flute sound

https://youtu.be/aNQHK9z5suoViewer - 기타 - guitar sound

https://youtu.be/OMtLbRroG7UViewer - 대편성 - orchestra sound

thanks

폴란드

Thanks for the links, but you didn't answered my questions below.

And 101D is expensive tube, i dont use expensive tubes anymore.

몽강

Hi, there

thanks

In general we have 110, 220 in Asia thus another 230v style power trans should be made. It is not difficult.

In my amplifiers, ab resistors, wax or vintage capacitors (60's) available.

Permalloy cores always used.

Let me show your cable pictures. Are they for Hifi or Hi-end?

If you want to be a mongkang distributor, always acceptable.

All kinds of mongkang products could be sent with low cost and low or no tax.

rhee

thanks

폴란드

Hi Rhee,

here is my webpage address http://xxxxxxxxxx

I only sell locally, in Poland. Cables are made for typical modern audiophile systems, like Proac, Dynaudio, Focal speakers and general type of equipment.

Privately I use different types of cables, usually made from vintage wires as I listen on 105dB horn speakers.

Regarding distribution of MongKang:

I am a private person, I dont earn money on audio, this is my hobby which I do very little recently as I have no time because my professional life and job consumes a lot of my life, however, I am interested to test for example a preamplifier of your company, I can consider to buy it, and if the tests will perform well - I could try to promote MongKang here in Poland, but people here prefer to buy well known products like Kondo, Reimyo, Uesugi, Air Tight, Leben...everything they can sell easily. Even with my cables its hard to sell, becasue audiophiles in Europe like to change equipment often.

Maybe we could sell here few preamplifiers, few phono stages, few mc step up etc.

If you want to start - then we should think about very good sounding tube line (or line + phono) preamp.

best regards

Piotr

몽강

Hi, there

thanks for your information.

until now mongkang tube amps have been sold on ebay or in the domestic market.

To russia, germany, finland, england, swiss, france, china, taiwan, singapore, thai, usa and brasil.

In inland more than 100 amps have been sold.

Mc step up (2ohm , 50ohm), lcr phono eq, many kinds of triode all trans (input, plate choke, out) pre amp, many kinds of all trans (input, plate choke, interstage, out) triode power amps, western style brass slots, western style iron horns.

all items were made by myself as an english educator.

upon seeing your website, your product would be for hi-end.

On regarding the distributor,

I should make another power voltage (230v ac). All mongkang geers are 220v now.

sound quality, clarity no problem.

but phono amp cannot installed together in line preamp. Because my phon amp is LCR and very complicated and high price in korea.

thanks

폴란드

Dear Rhee,

Can you send me some kind of price list for your products? It can be in USD or EUR. Some basic specification would be needed as well.

As I said - I am more than happy to buy one of your preamps for test and to show it to some friends in Poland. You can choose the design and model.

It can be a line preamp only.

Me and my friend we like warm, analogue sound. Just to let you know about the taste of polish customers - we dont like amorphous or tantalum, we like carbon and permalloy. But all audiophiles in Poland listen also to modern music, so any kind of equipment has to play properly also high resolution modern music.

best regards

Piotr

몽강

As you know, it is illegal against the ebay rule to sell outside ebay.

thus i let u know my mail.

xxxxx@xxxx

thanks

폴란드

Dear Rhee,

did you get my email which I've send to you?

best regards

Piotr

몽강

Hi, Piotr

Thanks for another mail to my mail address.

Too many audio mania visit to my office to hear or order new versions or custom orders. Also as an educator, I teach english to many students in my institute.

On business,

In mongkang i have made several types' preamps;

1. ef 86 with rectifier 80 or 5u4 separated main and power supply. I do not use modern tubes (x7,u7, etc)

2. 26 with rectifier 80 or 5u4 separated main and power supply.

3. 6c6 with rectifier 80 or 5u4 separated main and power supply.

4.101D with rectifier 80 or 5u4 separated main and power supply.

Based on the western electric sound, I have used all transformers (input, plate choke and pre out) which were wounded by me.

Let me know your expected preamp and the expected price.

After knowing your intention, I can help you.

thanks

폴란드

Dear Rhee,

I am glad you have got my email.

Let me explain the situation on Polish audio market:

95% of consumers buy and use products which are well promoted in audio magazines or internet portals. People change their equipment often and therefore they usually buy things which are easy to sell: Audio Research, MCintosh, Thiel, Proac, Marantz.

Very few people, usually rich people are willing to invest their money in things which might be hard to sell or are unknown, I know some of those people - they dont care about the brand, visual aspect, they care only about the sound signature and sound quality. However - there are not so many people like that.

If we will launch MongKang in Polish market - your products have to be equaly good as well known products costing 3-4x times more. So If end user price for your preamp will be xxxx EUR, then it has to be as good as Audio Research preamp for 6000 EUR. This is unfortunately truth.

People are afraid to buy products they dont know.

I propose to start with simple steps:

1. I can consider to buy a preamp from you. It should be 230VAC 50hz, hum and noise free. My purchase price from you - up to xxx EUR

It doesnt have to be your best product, first we should start to promote the brand in a wide scale, so price has to be acceptable for average user.

2. I will listen to that preamp and loan it to several of my collegues/customers, if they like it I might try to get their orders. Your preamp will be compared with Jadis JP80MC, Thoress Line preamp, some local DIY.

I dont know which design is best, I prefer you to choose. I had 26 tube preamp and for my taste this tube was too detailed, same like type 76.

I have horn speakers which sound best with warm tubes, like Philips 12AX7 or 12bh7 or ECC40.

Please remember that Europans or Americans have different tase and sound preference than Asian nations. IN Japan everyone praise JBL, while in Europe JBL is considered as harsh, detailed, unpleasnt.

In Poland people like warm, full, musical, colorfull sound. Detail has to be of course, but it is not the most important. Maybe we should start with EF86 first, I am not sure..

best regards

Piotr

몽강

hi, piotr

thanks for the reply.

I am 59 years meaning having much emotional sound experience from tube amp era.

When being 11-12 years, I sometimes visited the country town market of 4km away with older brothers on foot not good road but rough roads with some mountains, reservoirs, and small ponds.

Before arriving at the town market, a big tube radio was turing on for the sake of advertising their goods. That was stunning sound for me because of not having experience to hear those sound (nearly analogue sound).

To study more, I , only me, moved into big city at the grade of 5th of elementary course. New aspects of everything made me accept everything unique which made me think and accept not around me but far way ones.

In the middle school days, I was a member of ham radio (even operating now), and international shortwave broadcasting listening (BCL or SWL).

After the univ, I had a job in the major broadcasting company as a staff.

At that time many kinds of music and many interviewers were always beside me.

And I added my another business : language business for the students.

It has being been good business until now. Thus I invested vintage audio import trade company. Upon visiting germany and usa many times, I was frustrated because of not good quality and high price.

At that time I inquired the sellers ; Should I make tube amps, would you accept my products? Most of them OK.

Thus I tried to make new design only to fail just routine not unique.

And having an aim only transformers amplifiers not CR circuits.

You know transformers amplifiers are very rare in the world market.

It was 30's. After finishing my class I usually visited masters of audio transformers (mostly over 70 years old). I asked and asked again the theory of it and how to wind and the calculated theory of coil turns and coil material, and something like that.

Most masters did not unwrap their hidden knowhow. Most of them were particle and clues. It took 9 years to learn the secret of transformers.

Accumulated much knowledge, I tried to make my transformers only to fail everytime not good sound (based on the early country town sound).

thus I visited many vintage audiophilers' to compare the sound and to reproduce

the sound transformers. It took another 12 years. I have studied western electric

sound more than 22 years and have solved to reproduce the sound and developed mongkang sound meaning rich, emotional, much clare, good bass sound.

Until now d3a, 12ax7, 12au7, 12at7, ef86, ef804, 12bh7, 6sn7, 6sl7, 26, 27, gm70, 101d, 205d, 300b, el34, 47, el84, 6c6 have been being used and installed to my

amplifiers with my own wounded transformers like 60's sound experience.

Really good and warm sound not like any other CR, hi-end, hybrid amps.

Mongkang tube amps using all transformers is unique in the world tube market, I convince. Youtube will show many kinds of my advertising movies (lcr phono eq sound, pre one, and power one).

On music (my objectively opinion)

European music, American music and Asian music are very prevail in the audio market.

In europe

German sound represents too clarity sound nut now many german like bass using sansui inti amps. German vintage audio (30's- 50's) reproduce too high and stick sound without proper bass not emotional but thin one. But modern germany, swiss, denmark, sweden hi-end amplifiers represent too honest sound.

English sound represents emotional sound with thick base.

French sound represents a little bit addicted sound but difficult to approach at first. After addicting, it would be good one.

Russian sound represent too strong. tubes, capacitors, speaker drivers quality not good to make smooth, emotional sound. but russian music including classical and popular one is very emotional.

Polish music - I cannot make the standard views because of not knowing the polish popular music in korea, sorry.

portugal, spain, italy, greece, turkey, iran, korea, iran, new jersey music are a little bit same, that is energetic, regretful, emotional ones. many famous opera singers have been being born in this area.

In asia

Chinese music is too high based on the traditional popular music without proper base.

Japanese music is too thin based on the traditional popular music without proper base.

Korean music is divided two parts based on the peoples.

one is basic popular and energetic sound with regretful mind with totally historial life basis.

Another is educated music with energetic vocal skills.

In america

American music is based on the Jazz and popular auditorium around like theater and square address sound.

jamaica, bolivia, brazil, mexico music represents energetic, colorful except bolivia.

By dint of above mentioned my objective opinion,

what kinds of amplifiers should I make have been dilemma not to solve.

The answer is to reproduce the western electric color sound, at first.

After taking the time, another sound based on the western electric should required thus mongkang sound to be warm, energetic, clear, some bass was developed.

Until now I have all kinds of data of mongkang geers to make the same sound to the next generation to next generation only hi-fi sound.

I can make any kinds of custom orders.

In the near future approximately $100000 mongkang amp (full-set, lcr pho, all trans pre, buffer, all trans power) would be shown on ebay.

on business

in general open style not cover.

separated main and power supply.

Using 2ea ef 86 or 12bh7 and 80 rectifier.

2 input trans, 2 plate choke trans, 2 out trans, power tans, choke trans using vintage AB resistors and vintage capacitors.

230v 50hz

high quality powder painting.

very low invoice cost.

noise, ripple and hum free. (sometimes except over 105db speakers)

at first accept xxx euro (two parts, all trans pre using ef 86 or 12bh7)

You can import some kinds of mongkang geers with good price (your estimated price) future.

I will make every effort to promote our business.

thanks

rhee

폴란드

Dear Rhee,

Thank you for your reply and a bit of history of yours. I like to listen to people, especially when they talk about their history, experience and young age.

Pleas forgive me that I will just come straight to the point of preamplifier, but I am working a lot and my free time is very limited.

Please confirm me also the shipping cost and how much time do you need to build the preamplifier for me?

Do I understand right that this wont be the xxx usd preamplifier from ebay, right?

Please put your heart and good energy into this build. You can choose if this should be ef86 or 12bh7, you are the Master here, not me, you know better what will have good sound.

I will pay xxx eur plus shipping cost.

This preamplifier will be used first in my system which consist 105db 3-way horn speaker and idler turnable.

Vinyl records from japan, mainly with modern jazz, classical music, hard rock and some pop music.

please let me know how can I pay you, via paypal?

regards

Piotr

몽강

i will make this kind of amplifier not the same but remake mongkang style using all western electric parts.

It would be sold at $100000.

thanks.

rhee

m1-11.jpg

제작중인 $100000 앰프 캡춰 사진

폴란드

This amplifier looks amazing! however with this price tag i think only super rich Asian (Hong Kong, China, Japan) customers can afford.

I keep my thumbs for successfull project!

Piotr

몽강

50hz or 60hz?

폴란드

Hello Rhee

230v 50hz

Best regards

Piotr

Sent from iphone.

몽강

I designed my trans pre amp for you.

Let me know any special orders.

thanks

DSC00123.JPG

DSC00122.JPG

제시한 전원부 분리형 예상 제작 사진

폴란드

Dear Rhee,

it looks very nice! Thank you.

I dont have any special requests. If you could only adopt minimum two pairs of input socket and some selector that would be great.

Also high input impedance and low output impedance would be great, but I dont want to interfere with your design principles :-)

Thank you again, looks great!

Piotr

몽강

Hi, piotr

This is rhee in seoul.

To make another style including balance outlet I tried my output transformers 15k:600 ohm 76 core.

The result was good. I tried 3 another output transformers : 46 cores, 66 cores and 76 cores.

Now I am winding 230v 50hz power transformers. next week it would be finished.

Then I will purchase the frequency converter 60hz to 50hz to verify the sound.

Totally in the back side balance and unbalance outlets available.

I do willingly suggest three different types: ef86, 12bh7, and 26.

I don't know which one is the best matching to your sound taste.

Thus I am able to provide 3 pre amps at your reasonable price.

After checking all possibility to launch our progressive business, let me know your

sound destination. Then I am making every effort to make good business.

All 3 pre amps could be for sale immediately in your area at your price.

Divided two parts, it would be more delicate to hifi and high end audiophilers.

Let me know your intention.

thanks

폴란드

Dear Rhee,

thank you for information about the progress.

Well, I think that balanced outputs are not necessary as most of the people i know use tube amplifiers with RCA unbalanced connections, but it's up to you. If you ask me - I would skip them not to increase the cost, maybe there are other areas where it is better to look for improvement and spent extra money.

Regarding tube to choose - I have 26 tubes in my hope, but I found them to be very sensitive to hum and to micro phonic effect. I made DIY preamp once with 26 tube and UTC Ha100 output transformers and didn't liked the effect. I preferred capacitor output as it stored energy better for my taste.

I think it is better to go the safe way with tubes like 12BH7 or EF86 as they are widely available and non microphonic, I know they are not DHT, but I think they sound good enough and are user friendly.

Rhee, in my professional life I work as xxx xxx and I am responsible for Eastern Europe, this consumes a lot of my time. Regarding our business I would like first to start slowly, to check quality in my own system and system of my collegues, If people will like the sound and performance - I would like to start some promotion here on local market. I believe it's worth to start in small steps first.

Also, I am very grateful for you that you are willing to prepare three different preamps so I could compare, however I prefer not to invest a lot at the beginning, therefore I cannot buy three preamps at once.

I prefer to buy one, give it a try, test it and then start the promotion. Hope you understand my point of view Dear Rhee.

With kind regards

Piotr

몽강

Hi, Piotr.

this is rhee.

Yes. I have been making my triode amplifiers to be free in hum and noise.

I have invented and developed this difficult problem. Now all free also triode pre and power not dc heating but ac heating.

In korea most hifi tube amp designers surprised my revolutionary works.

I think ef 86 (not using pentad but triode circuit changing) would be popular in Europe.

This sound represents honesty one.

Thus 12bh7 (even though double triode style, one circuit in mongkang) represent warm and abundant sound.

I have made this style for a long time to domestic market.

We start our business with 12bh7 all trans preamp separated power supply without balance outlets.

Delivery cost would be within $ xxx practical cost with two heavy weight amps.

You can send me total xxx + xxx euro to my paypal account. - xxx@naver.com private email with you: xxx@naver.com

For our prosperous business, really good shape and good sound quality I convince.

thanks

rhee

폴란드

Dear Rhee,

I think its a great idea to start with 12bh7 tube.

Can you please confirm which is the right paypal account so I can transfer xxxx EUR?

xxx@xxx or this one ?: xxx@xxx

I am really excited to hear your preamplifier!

How do you think, what is the estimated time of shipment?

best regards

Piotr

몽강

xxx@xxx

and as soon as possible.

all related pictures would be shown on my homepage.

You can visit my homepage via google because of sometime blocking of arranging the category.

thanks

폴란드

Hi Rhee,

I ve sent you xxx EUR already.

Please let me know when the preamp will be ready, I will then look on your webpage for pictures and await delivery.

My address is :

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Poland

Please state low value like xxx USD on the shipping label.

best regards

Piotr

몽강 - 페이팔 입금확인 및 작업시작.

The verification of payment and starting the progress.

The end

다루는 분야에서 만큼은 다양한 이론경험, 실력, 응용력 그리고 국제감각을 통해

상기와 같이 상대방과 밀땅하면서 몽강 오디오가 폴란드에 안착하는 과정을 알려드렸습니다.

또 다른 지구촌 누군가와 연을 생각 하며

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273895322062ViewerViewerViewer

감사합니다.

이 한수