지영아 참고해

by 심수근 posted May 04, 2016
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 게시글 수정 내역 댓글로 가기 인쇄
 Check out this really nice survivor Stephens corner speaker. It differs from the speaker in the ad by using 12 inch drivers than 15 but other than that they look similar. The add is model 626 and this one is model 622M. I received these pics from Steve I hope he doesn't mind if I post them. This is a rare and likely good sounding speaker. I would do a nice mono system perhaps a mono heathkit or bogen integrated amp and start collecting mono jazz records. Would be fun.

This is interesting I've seen this recessed box for the tweeter before in my big stephens box which I thought was a DIY effort but now I firmly believe it is factory. Very cool. Thanks Steve.
 Classic Stephens crossover. I love they way they built these. My friend the tube hoarder had quite a few of them.

monday, september 15, 2014

50's Stephens TruSonic DIY Cabinets

I helped my friend Tube Hoarder get some excellent early vintage DIY Stephens TruSonic cabinets moved in. The first cabinet was a Klipschorn style using the 103 in the bass bin. Klipsch used this same driver in the early days. The multicells were so cool we left the tops off.
Stephens early gear was extremely high quality. Check out these pics of the cells drivers and crossovers.

The attenuators will be removed.

These crossover modules are just beautiful. 
Wow... 
Crossover points 600 and 5000.

It was a real treat to get to listen to these 50's time capsules. We didn't change anything just hooked them up and listened to them. They didn't disappoint. If you are lucky enough to have these early Stephens drivers in working condition I am jealous... 
Beautiful sound. 
Beautiful design.

Here is the other cabinet with my friend Tim for size reference. It has the same drivers and horns but different crossovers. The logos are different and the bass bin crosses at 800 and 5000. We are assuming that one was put together and then stereo hit and he built another. This cabinet is beautiful!
Here you can see the loaded the tweeter under the mid range driver.
The crossovers have different logos than the others. If anyone knows which was used first I'd love to know the time frame on these.

I will be posting more on these multicells and drivers later.

wednesday, april 23, 2014

Stephens TruSonc - High Fidelity Audio Equipment

Here is another vintage Stephens TruSonic from my friend the Tube Hoarder.
This is superb check it out.  
The Tube Hoarder needs the 2x5 400cps multicell horn. 
If anyone knows where we can find one please contact me. 

saturday, april 19, 2014

Stephens TruSonic - FOR THEATER AND HOME - RARE

This is one of the most exciting post I've made in a while. My friend the Tube Hoarder purchased this wonderful Stephens historical document. I have not seen this on the electric internet anywhere.
 I would like to do my friend the Tube Hoarder a favor. We are looking for a very large Stephens 10 cell horn. If you have one please comment or send me an email. The example is image 11 in this post.

If anyone has this horn please contact me.

monday, may 27, 2013

Stephens Tru-Sonic Built-in

Check out this mono Stephens Trusonic built-in speaker. I love MCM but I'm not sure I get this room it is a little sparse. This may be a Tru-Sonic Eames but not positive.    

tuesday, may 31, 2011

MCM Stephens Trusonic Eames

House of the future featuring Eames style Stephens Trusonic Hi-Fi. I'm hooked on the mid century modern design. I'd love to find one of these systems someday.

This post originated at retro vintage modern hi-fi http://itishifi.blogspot.com

monday, december 6, 2010

saturday, august 28, 2010

Stephens Trusonic Ad

The more I learn about Stephens Trusonic the more I regret not buying Stephens speakers in the past. What the hell was I thinking.

tuesday, june 29, 2010